A modern housewife's quest for sanity, balance, and a cup of coffee.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WIP it, WIP it Good

It's Wednesday, let's take a look at what I'm working on.
Photobucket

Print o' the Wave, using that gorgeous Malabrigo lace I bought the other day.

I didn't intend on working this shawl just yet. I just wanted to try out my new Knitpicks Harmony tips, and my sister hasn't given the thumbs up on the yarn I picked for her Juno Regina yet, so I cast on this one. I was only going to work one repeat to see what I thought and them put it up for later. Yeah right. Done laughing yet? Good.

Pictured here is ten repeats and change of the center panel. I'm doing the center all in one piece, rather than the two pieces grafted together. I just don't like the look of the seam in the middle. I think I'll have to cut out a couple of repeats as well. I've read a number of complaints that the pattern is short on yardage. I have 940 yards so I'm hoping it will be enough. I know the edging is 40% of the yardage, so I'll work the center until I have a little more than 40g left of the 100g I started with and cross my fingers that it comes out. I will cry if it doesn't. Seriously.

Icarus is pouting in the corner. Sorry, buddy. I've ordered some size 3 Harmony circs, I really don't like the needles I'm using for him, I think I'll go faster with the Harmony. I'll get back to him eventually.

No comments: