A modern housewife's quest for sanity, balance, and a cup of coffee.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Am I Not Beautiful?

It's Friday, I think some Yarn Pr0n would be in order.
Photobucket
Malabrigo Merino Lace/Emerald

I had a great time shopping yesterday, checking out an LYS I hadn't been in before because it's way out of the way in the next city over. I found a number of gems, not in the least an amazing amount of Noro, scary crazy piles of the stuff. I would have adopted them all and brought them home and loved them and hugged them and called them George (yes, all of them George), but I am on a budget here, so no.

I could not resist the call of the Malabrigo, sitting there so seemingly innocent on the shelf, sweetly wound into it's little skein. I had to have it.

I don't know what it is about Malabrigo. The colors are so rich and the fiber is so soft, it is irresistible. I even have a pattern in mind for these particular specimens, Eunny Jang's Print o' the Wave. I just need to finish Icarus, do my sister's Juno Regina, clean the house, mind the kid, and apply for school. Not to mention the whole list of other patterns calling my name.

(Oh yeah, I think I've talked myself into going back to school, more on that later)

No comments: