A modern housewife's quest for sanity, balance, and a cup of coffee.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Bother

OK, I admit it. I have lost my mojo. I have a case of startitis that you don't even want to know about. Nothing is working out right. I have been caught in the knitting doldrums.

So, I dug out my Icarus Shawl. I've had this thing hanging around for a year and a half. When I started it I was in love. Oh, the yarn was so soft and glowed with an inner beauty. So light, so ephemeral. And them the basement flooded and I realized that the silt that now covered every square inch of the floor was the very same color of my shawl. The very same color that I reveled in was now nothing more to me than dirt. That spoiled me on the shawl. I worked on it a bit more, but I had lost my enthusiasm and eventually I gave up and put it away. Occasionally I would bring it out again and work a few rows, but it never caught me again the way it had before and back into the closet it would go.

Photobucket

So, I have brought it out again in the hopes that an old project can shake me out of my funk and maybe I can actually finish that thing. I have two more charts and the edging to go. I'm concerned though, I fear I don't have quite enough yarn, and it's a discontinued color. Granted I could finish off the edge in a different color, there is one that would look nice, but I can't shake the feeling that this shawl is doomed.

I am determined to finish it. I will, and it will be grand, warts and all.

No comments: