A modern housewife's quest for sanity, balance, and a cup of coffee.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Avoiding My Socks...

I promised you knitting, didn't I? In fact, I promised you something finished. I'm going to be honest, I meant to finish a sock, really I did. The ribbing got to me, I just couldn't do it, it just wasn't going to happen, I have to be in just the right mood for that much ribbing.

So, I started this instead:

Photobucket

That will grow up to be one of a pair of Endpaper Mitts. Cute, huh?

I did finish something...

Photobucket

I made a Quant to match my scarf. I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with it. I used Patons SWS for both, in Natural Navy. It's an OK yarn, but being a single it tends to unspin itself too easily for my liking. It behaved itself for Quant, but defiantly gave me hell working my scarf. Oh well, everything came out nice in the end.

Well, mostly nice. I chose that color because it looked so good with my suede jacket. The suede jacket that the cat peed on. It's at the cleaners but I'm not holding out much hope. I have a wool peacoat, but it just isn't the same, and my knitting just won't look as good with it.

Damn cat.

No comments: