A modern housewife's quest for sanity, balance, and a cup of coffee.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Socks and Shoes

I have yet again started a pair of socks. I cannot begin to tell how many times I have have started a sock in the past few weeks and it has just not worked out. I was really starting to think that I that have lost my sock mojo. I have had this beautiful Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock sitting around for nearly a year, worked and frogged and worked again. I positively love this colorway, Flames, but I could not find a stitch count that would keep it from pooling in the worst way. Much to my delight this pattern is working brilliantly with it. My gauge seems spot on and what I've done thus far fits nicely. By golly, I think I'm knitting a sock!

Photobucket

I hate shoe shopping. I have flat feet and an arthritic toe, shoe shopping hurts and it's frustrating. I have shoes that I have worn for years and hang on to for dear life because they are comfortable and I have such trouble finding good shoes. Imagine my delight in happening upon this pair and finding when I tried them on for kicks that not only did they fit, but they were comfortable, and cute, and on clearance. I think they will look damned adorable with some knit socks.

Back to the socks: I'm doing the Fawkes pattern, on my new KnitPicks Harmony DPNs. I love these needles. They are smooth and sleek and work quickly, while having the comfort of wood. Someday I will have a full set of these. They work great for my socks, and for my lace. I just got a circ in the mail today to put Icarus on, I've been sitting here sproinging and flopping the cable, the join looks wonderful, I may actually finish that shawl at some point now that I have them. Need More Harmony!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Such cute shoes! I love them. What kind are they?

Miss Sarah said...

Thanks, I got them at Target.

Unknown said...

Those are really cute shoes, they could get me out of keens & crocs.

The yarn is beautiful too.